During 27c3 someone asked me to install an extension to list subpages onto the hackerspace.be wiki. I picked SubPageList3, as it seemed to most decent one. I did a simple test to see if it was working, and immediately found a namespace bug. So I decided to quickly rewrite it and also let it use Validator for additional awesomeness.
Strangely enough, although there where SubPageList2 and SubPageList3 extensions, there was no SubPageList extension to be found anywhere in the WMF SVN repo or the mediawiki.org wiki, so I decided to simply take that name. The extension should be backwards compatible with SubPageList3.
I spend 5 hours or so doing the rewrite, and have released an initial version yesterday. Seems to work fine and is currently in use on hackerspace.be. It requires Validator 0.4.2 or above, and is the first extension making full use of new the auto-documentation functionality Validator 0.4.3 introduces (more on that in a later blog post).