A few days back I decided I should release an update including a new update platform to some of my old applications. Apparently I had deleted the source of my little class library that I used for these applications a while back, and had to do a binary search through my backup archives to find the latest version. While implementing the new update platform in one of these apps, BN+ Brute Force Hash Attacker, I did a bunch of high level refactoring, both in the app itself and the used library, and decided to put them both freely available on SourceForge. I also decided to make some changes to the interface of BN+ BFHA, and replace the usage of a C# library for BigInteger support with the stuff that comes natively with .Net framework 4.0. So basically, after having put this app on the shelve for about a year, here is a new version, which might very well be the final one for this app.
Changes in 1.2.0
* Replaced custom BigInteger class by native .Net 4.0 class.
* Replaced update platform with native ClickOnce deployment updater.
* Refactored code structure and reduced required assemblies to BN+ Framework core.
* Improved Help menu links.
* Fixed Import/Export issue.
* Redesigned about screen.
- Setup file (zip, windows installer, includes update platform)
- Executables tarball (latest version of the executables)
- SVN repostory
This is a screen shot of the previous version. This part of the interface is pretty much unchanged.
I’m also planning to release the new version of my class library that’s used for this app, which I renamed to BN+ Library, in the near future 🙂