I’m happy to announce the immediate availability of Maps 3.7. This feature release brings some minor enhancements.
- Added rotate control support for Google Maps (by Peter Grassberger)
- Changed coordinate display on OpenLayers maps from long-lat to lat-long (by Peter Grassberger)
- Upgraded Google marker cluster library to its latest version (2.1.2) (by Peter Grassberger)
- Upgraded Leaflet library to its latest version (0.7.7) (by Peter Grassberger)
- Added missing system messages (by Karsten Hoffmeyer)
- Internal code enhancements (by Peter Grassberger)
- Removed broken custom map layer functionality. You no longer need to run update.php for full installation.
- Translation updates by TranslateWiki
Since this is a feature release, there are no breaking changes, and you can simply run
composer update, or replace the old files with the new ones.
Beware that as of Maps 3.6, you need MediaWiki 1.23 or later, and PHP 5.5 or later. If you choose to remain with an older version of PHP or MediaWiki, use Maps 3.5. Maps works with the latest stable versions of both MediaWiki and PHP, which are the versions I recommend you use.